In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, md-l-digest
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Funny thing is, it's legal to sell transmitters on say 105MHz here, legal to
>buy them, legal to own them, but illegal to use them.  What the f**k do these
>people think you're gonna do with such a thing if you buy one?  Then again
>everyone in the UK with a CB radio should renew their CB Radio Licence
>annually-- I bet less than 5% of CB users have a license, the post office
>probably gets more requests for dog licences than CB radio ones :-)

For non UK subscribers the dog licence was withdrawn in the UK several
years ago.

Pirate radio mainly, or like us run a small radio station twice per year
which operates using a restricted service licence issued by the UK Radio
Authority.  A large number of the stations broadcasting in London are
pirates.

--
Geoff