Alexander Dietrich wrote:

> All I need is one
> optical input to record from minidisc, no coax, no midi, no
> XLR and I think consumer boards are sufficient for that. I was
> just asking around here because I believe there are other MD
> users who like cost efficient solutions. If you prefer studio
> equipment, that's fine for you.
>
> Alexander

It sounds like you don't even need a sound card. Do you have a USB socket on your PC?
IF so a cmopany called opcode (www.opcode.com) produce a device called the DATPort
which is a digital input/ouput device. This may be the ideal solution for you - no
MIDI, XLR, COAX or anything other than 1 input and 1 output.

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A book judged by it's cover makes for a very shallow read."