Hi,

I recently noticed that Creative has released a new Live! soundcard
that is called "Live! 1024 Player" and is not available in the
Americas or Japan. The noteworthy new feature on this card is an
SPDIF out port. Does anyone own this card already ? I'd have a couple
of questions in that case:

1. Is the digital port a coax or TOSLink one ?
2. Are there any restrictions on the sample rate of the port,
   like the "48 KHz only" bug in the current Terratec DMX drivers ?
3. Is there a possibility to add a digital input to the card ?
4. Do the beta Linux drivers work for this card too ?

If there's anything good or bad about the card, please let me know. I'm
looking for an upgrade to PCI/3D sound and digital out for MD recording
and since there is basic support for Linux for the Live! cards, this one
seems like a good choice.

The Creative website is quite confusing as they don't seem to be able
to produce similar listings of features for their products, much less
a comparison matrix or something like that. I guess from the price that
the Live! Player is a Value with digital out tacked on, but I hope they
didn't remove the digital in capabilities.

Regards,
Alexander
--
| Alexander Dietrich | Norderstedt, Germany |
| e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |