Okay, you(collectively)have told me that portable MD player-only units don't
usually(if ever)have optical out jacks.  Do any portable player/recorders
have optical in jacks?

What all are you using to record from MD to MD?  I know you have to go
through a processor to do so, if it is a digital recording, but you still
have to at least have a playback unit going(eventually)into a unit that is
capable of recording.  What has worked best for you?  What if cost is a
factor?

Again, sorry if this is newbie stuff; feel free to respond to me directly if
this has been beaten to death on the ML.  I've only been into MD for a few
months.  Just exploring the possibilities.

Thanks for all of you responses to my previous questions.