[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Okay, you(collectively)have told me that portable MD player-only units don't
> usually(if ever)have optical out jacks.  Do any portable player/recorders
> have optical in jacks?

I think they all have them, at least all the ones I've seen.  Maybe
there is a real cheap one that they decided to save a few pennys on.

> What all are you using to record from MD to MD?

I stick the original MD in my Sony 520 deck,  edit it and get it  to
sound like I want it to sound, then plug an optical cable into the
optical out of the deck and into the optical in on my Sony R30, turn
turn them both on and record from the deck to the porty via the digital
cable.  Works great because editing and titling the MD is so much easier
on the deck than on the portable.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker