Go here for OpenGL benchmarks

http://www.anandtech.com/html/articledisplay.cfm?document=1056&pagenum=10

Go here for Direct3d bechmarks

http://www.anandtech.com/html/articledisplay.cfm?document=1056&pagenum=19

Both of these was with a non-overclocked, non-ddr, non-pimped GeForce256.
The DDR GeForce has a 25% performence increase at hi res games, more memory
bandwidth (DDR=Double Rate Dram, gets info on in and out bits).  As you can
see they are closely matched in OpenGL.  However, even a TNT beats the G400
in Direct3d.  Matrox cards are slow period.  Why would I need dualhead when
I am watching a movie on DVD on my tv?  Sure its a cool feature, but it has
no good reason to be there.

Shawn