From: J. Coon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: MD: "Hesitating" sound, graphic cards

> Magic wrote:
> >
> >  The solution is to
> > nag the bajeebers off your graphics card manufacturer until you get some
> > drivers that *don't* lock up the bus - either that or switch graphics
cards.

> What cards do you recommend?

I can't really make a recommendation on a good card graphics wise as I don't
have much experience of them. I have an AGP card which is a SiS6305, and
that doesn't lock the bus, but it's also not that quick - I don't play games
on my PC much so I'm not that worried about fast graphics. I hear the 3Dfx
Voodoo3 3000 card is supposed to be very stable, but your best bet would be
to ask in a newsgroup about hardware or graphics cards. If you know which
card you have at the moment, see if you can find a newsgroup related to it,
they may be able to advise.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk (under construction)
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]