[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> * Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Thu, 02 Dec 1999
> | I don't agree on 'MD is not about audio quality'. For me it's more about
> | 'How do we pack CD audio quality onto a 2.5" disc without sacrifying to
> |  much of the quality?'
>
> When you get to the part about the 2.5" disc, you have made it an issue of
> portability.  You already have CD-Audio quality on your audio CD.  Why do
> you want it on media with a more easilly portable form factor?  Because it
> *IS* a more easilly portable form factor.  If you wanted the best audio you
> could get from an audio CD source, you would carry around a portable CD
> player, not a portable MD player.

You're right, it's not CD quality. But.... 99% of all persons I know, can't
hear the difference between MD and CD. But the same 99% will hear the
difference with tape and MP3....

For me that's near CD quality audio on a very portable media. We could
almost say that the audio quality isn't sacrified at all.

Cheers,
Ralph -> Just trying to make clear that there is the source... than there
is MD... than there is tape.... a long time nothing.... and finaly MP3...

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE