[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> * Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Fri, 03 Dec 1999
> | For me that's near CD quality audio on a very portable media. We could
> | almost say that the audio quality isn't sacrified at all.
>
> So, given the premise that you are hard-pressed to distinguish between MD
> and the audio CD from which it is made, which would you prefer to carry
> around with you, a portable CD player or a portable MD player.  And more
> importantly, why would you prefer one over the other?

I would prefer MD over CD to carry around since it's smaller. Another reason
is that MD makes a very good backup. If I copy a 20$ CD to a 3$ disc and if
I loose this disc, no problem. MD isn't prone to scratches (It is in fact, but
the case will protect them against). And it's audioquality can only be
distingueshed by people who know what to look for. A blind test will show
that people think it's CD.

Cheers,
Ralph

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE
  "For many years, mankind lived just like the animals. And then
   something happened that unleashed the powers of our imagination:
   We learned to talk."
                -- Stephen Hawking, later used by Pink Floyd --