Howard Chu wrote:

> The calculated checksum/signature is used as an index in the data file that
> stores the title info. This is the same approach used by www.cddb.com.
> There's already Linux support for cddb, so duplicating the Windows approach
> is kind of silly. (And if you haven't checked out www.cddb.com yet, you
> should. They have track title info for a huge number of CDs, in all

BTW: don't use CDDB, use FreeDB (http://www.freedb.org/). The CDDB
people (Escient) changed the license on access to the database and
now demand insane things from the authors of CD player programs.
Since this database was/is put together by people all over the net
for free Escient should be sued for behaviour like that, but it
would be too difficult I guess. FreeDB keeps its database and server
software available under the GPL.
So if your CD player is using CDDB, point it to FreeDB instead and
if you want to submit a CD send it to FreeDB !

Regards,
Alexander
--
| Alexander Dietrich | Norderstedt, Germany |
| e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |