Christopher I really appreciate those calculations you made-they sound
like they make a lot of sense and took a great deal of thought. Doesn't
sound as though current MD video will convert to high quality film very
well. Would it even be possible to use a standard IEEE1394 Firewire Link
on that unit? Your answer and the answer from another group member who
spoke about hacking a Firewire Link in seem to point out that, in all
likelihood, no, the two are not compatible. Of course, if this is the
case, SCMS has nothing to do with the Firewire Link being absent and I
have been criticizing Sony's decision to leave it off for nothing.

I am aware the 3CCD DV Cam is almost identical to the TRV900. The DVCam
model however is the DSR-PD-100. The DCR-PC100 is the newest version of
the smallest of the Sony DV cameras.