>I was told by one of the mail order camera stores
> >that in reality the PC100 has a 680,000 pixel lens-the 1,070,000 pixels
> >applies only to still photos and then only those stored on a Memory
> >Stick. I would hope this were not true. Does anybody know?

Unfortunately it is true - and even worse than that - AFAIK, of the 680K
pixels used in video mode, only a % of those are actually used for image
capture - the rest of the 680K are used for image stabilisation.
(I could be wrong here - it's possible that the 680K are used for capture
and 'floated' on the full 1000K for image stabilisation in video mode)

The PC100 will not be able to produce the same quality video as the TRV900
due to limitations of it's single CCD, compared to the three CCD's of the
'900 - colour depth and contrast ratio will suffer.
Also there is some concern (on DV-L) that by squeezing 1000K pixels on to a
1/4" chip the individual pixel size is very small making the PC100 less
sensitive and a poor performer in low light conditions.

> It sounds to me like you don't know that the TRV900 and the DCR-PC100 are
> actually the same camera, only the PC100 has a different coloured
chassis,
> has the buttons organised more for a more professional user and uses the
> DVCAM tape format (

I think you are mixing up model #'s here - the PC100 is actually a new
version of the single chip PC1/PC3.
It has a 'megapixel' CCD for high quality still capture to memory chip -
resolutions of 1152 x 864 (PAL) are possible, compared to standard DV
stills of 720 x 576 (PAL)

It's the PD100 that is the DV CAM version of the TRV900.
The buttons are exactly the same except for the IRE being two-stage on the
PD100 and replacing the 'start/stop mode' switch.

GB