[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > I have an HP48G also, but what are the benefits of titling with it?
> > > After all, it has the same ABCD alpha layout and equally as small
> > > buttons as the remote that came with my JB920???
> > >

> >The benefit is that you title with a text editor on a MS-Doze machine.
> >You feed the file with titles into a MS-Doze program and this program
> >spits out a HP48 program that is sort of a macro which control the
> >remote control program on the HP48. All you need to do is to download
> >the HP48 program to you HP48, lign the HP48 IR port up with the IR
> >receiver on the Sony deck and run the program.
> >
> >It sounds like a lot of hasle and I'm sure Martin Daneks? WinRemote works
> >a lot easier, but it saves a lot of time doing the titling. Writing the
> >tst file, passing it true the MS-Doze program and putting it on the HP48
> >doesn't take as much as time as titling with just the remote does!
>
> Hi Ralph (and the rest),
>
> It's unbelievable, i've got a HP48G too :-) Great little engenious device,
> of course i've upgraded the memory from 32k to 128k :-)
>
> But what I'd like to ask you all if there's some info out there on that
> titling stuff, is it possible to write such a program for the sharp... ie,
> can the sharp receive titling info via optical in? if so where would I be
> able to get the info on how I need to send the data....
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help.

As far as I know, the S/PDIF standard does NOT support the transfer of
titles. I heard here ones on this list that there is a Kenwood CD and
a Kenwood MD deck that are able to transfer CDText titles to the MD by
using the optical cable, but that's a non standard use of the cable.

For the 7xx, there's a sollution using a PC and a little box with hardware that
will help you title. Look at the minidisc communitie pages for more information!

Cheers,
Ralph -> Looking for a program that will remote control my HP48S with a PC!

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE