Sec. 1008. Prohibition on certain infringement actions

No action may be brought under this title alleging
infringement of copyright based on the manufacture,
importation, or distribution of a
digital audio recording device, a digital audio
recording medium, an analog recording device, or an
analog recording medium, or based on the noncommercial
use by a consumer of such a device or medium for
making digital musical recordings or analog musical
recordings.

---

Okay, clarification is needed for some (let's shorten
the definition):

No action may be brought under this title alleging
infringement of copyright based on [...]  the
noncommercial use by a consumer of such a device or
medium for making digital musical recordings or analog
musical recordings.

---

The word "non-commercial" is more than likely to mean
"not intended for making a profit", and the rest of
AHRA deals with explicit prohibition on making a copy
and using it for making a profit without an explicit
permission of the copyright holder (who in that case
is entitled to royalties).

Let's look at reality: please cite a single case
(documented, so we can all look it up) when law
enforcement could prove copyright violation without
defining it as an intent of making of profit from
copying a work of art (CD, etc), be my guest.