>>>  I was reading the Guinness Book of Records and I
>>> came across the worlds smallest  keypad (Thin and 60%
>>> the size of a credit card)

>> Thanks for the interesting idea Hassan. I agree that a thin membrane
>>  keyboard integrated into the back surface of an MD portable would be
>>  very cool. I'm forwarding your note to the MD mailing list. -Rick >>

> Somebody out there should write some kind of program or design some piece of
> hardware to allow MD users to use one of those hella cool folding keyboards
> designed from use with PDA's.  THat would be worth my money

My Ericsson mobile phone (GF768) and all new Ericsson phones have a plugin
keyboard about 10cm x 5cm to allow easy SMS.  The same principles could
be applied to MD ... it would not be hard to design a similar system using the
remote input pins to accept the mini keyboard.  The buttons are smallish but
well spaced so hitting a wrong button is rare (even easier to use with the end of a
pen) ... The mini keyboard could have direct connection to the MD unit or via
a short 10cm cable (so you can rest it on a desk or similar flat surface).
Cost ??? well the Ericsson mini keyboard is $50 AUD sometimes even free
with certain mobile plans.  So at about $30 USD I think it'd sell like hotcakes!!

Just another idea for the marketing and research guys to work on.  You would think
that a company as large as Sony would encourage ideas from it's users and at least
be "snooping" on this list cause THIS is where all the best ideas I've ever read
regarding MD have come from ....

Cheers   GC