Hi.  It all goes back to the moving parts problem.  Solid state is immune from
shock.  With the prices of regular RAM going up, I don't see the price special
memory (is it called static RAM?) dropping in the near future.

Also, using a standard sized memory module, such as Flash cards or Smart media,
there are limits as to how much memory you can fit on a card aren't there??

I am really bothered by the concept of having to use compression, whether it's
for MD or MP3.  Especially since creating music CDs (I know I'm not crazy about
their size or the fact that they scratch so easily) is becoming dirt cheap.

Regards,
Larry