In a message dated 2/21/00 11:34:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Aside from the no moving parts issue, I find no advantage to solid state
storage
 if it still involves compression.  ATRAC and magneto/optical digital storage
have
 proven themselves.

However, we all have to admit that solid state is the future of audio, and
all portable info carriers for that matter.  How distant this future is, I
can't say.  THink about it, MD players keep coming out with more and more
"shock memory"  When its cheap enough, the solid state memory will replace
the disk media for good.  That's the future.  For now, I'll stick with MD

Gary