At 3/2/00 6:15 AM, PrinceGaz increased the world's knowledge by typing:

>In addition all non-Sony units lack a feature to
>manually set the recording position after the already used part :-)

I don't know about decks, but you're absolutely right about the
portables. Non-Sony units don't have this "feature" because THEY DON'T
NEED IT! They do it automatically! They assume (correctly) that you want
to keep what you've already recorded unless you specifically indicate
otherwise.