I was really into MiniDisc until I went to the Switzerland Web Site and its
seems that every player had problems with it and eventually whether it takes
1 month or 1 year, the player shuts down.  I talked to a guy I knew and he
said MiniDisc is on its way out and MP3 is on its way in.  He said in never
shocks because it has no moving parts.  This sounds great, and also it will
last 15 hours regardless of what you're doing.  It has the same kind of
features (being able to record from computer, computer, microphone) as the MD
player, and the slots can hold a lot more memory on it.  It seems upgradable.
 I just dont want to shell out $250 and have it be obselte in a couple of
years.