Sean Harding wrote:

> On Tue Apr 18 at 02:44:26 AM, Neon John wrote:
>
> > Any idea where go buy one and what the model is?  Now that I'm back
> > in BF egypt, I'd rather buy online if possible.
>
> There's more than one. I believe they all have "PC/IF" in the model number
> (for "PC interface" I assume). I know that there's at least an MZ-R37 model
> and an MZ-R55 model. Crutchfield lists both on their web site as does Planet
> Minidisc.

Thanks Sean and others.

Well, I learned enough from those two sites to know that this isn't
what I want.  I'm looking for a method of moving MP3 music to
minidisc digitally, preferably faster than real time.  This sony
setup is analog.  So.  Guess it's time to get over the urge to
impulse buy and figure out what I want.  OK, so what do I need to
get?  I really like the Sony MZ-r55 or the MZ-r90.  Is a sound card
with an optical port the way to go or is there a simpler/faster
way?  I don't really need to do any editing.  I really got detoured
over to mini-disc from MP3 players so that's the kind of
functionality I'm looking for - to be able to dump some digital
audio files to mini-disc and go.

Thanks again all for the quick information.

John

--
John De Armond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]