* "Billy Hetherington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Thu, 11 May 2000
| "It's a lot smaller than CD and gives you the ability to make your own mixes
| from anywhere."

Which is a very cool thing, mind you.

| "But what would you record from?"
| "MP3 or CDs are a good source, but anything that produces sound
| really... video games, concerts, whatever you like."

Which is also a very cool thing.  Try that with your portable MP3 players.

| "How much do these recorders cost?"
| (keep in mind I live in Canada)
| "Well they start at about $300."

Sony's MZ-R37 can be had for under $170 (US).  The exchange rate is not
that bad.  That is the lowest-priced portable recorder around that I am
aware of.  Portable players can be had for under $100.  Never mind that MP3
storage media is around $150-$200 for the same capacity as a $2 MD blank.

| "Hmm and you need one of those players to play the discs. I think it would
| just be easier to use a CD burner, I can get one for only like $150 these
| days."

And $500 for the PC, minimum, which doesn't fit in your pocket.  Neither do
the CD-Rs.  I can fit my entire music collection in a shoebox.  That's
around 200 CDs copied to MD, plus mixes.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ of skin.