Eric Woudenberg wrote:

> Perhaps one could argue that the MZ-R90 is smaller and shifts into a
> more skip prone position in my pocket ... but I think a more likely
> answer is that the MZ-R90 sacrifices some shock resistance for battery
> life.
>
> Rick

Take yer headphones off!! :-)

And then listen to the R90.  You'll hear that about every thirty
seconds, it spins up to read in a blorf of data from the disc and
then shuts down again.  In other words, it's using ~30 seconds of
that 40 second "anti-shock buffer" as a simple data buffer to extend
battery life.  In reality, the R90 has a minimum of about 10 seconds
of shock memory.  No big deal to me, at least.  With blown knees,
I'm never active enough to test it :-(

John

--
John De Armond