3 - Get an outborad amp and intercept the amp's input signal
also
4 - cass input via a "cassette" with a wire...

#3 is the easiest and the cleanest - plus you get "better than OEM" amps
in the process! The biggest problem is installing the amps and making
(Sony makes one BTW) the RCA line level switch (the Sony one AFAIK is
"auto sensing" - if there is a signal ont eh second input - it switches over
to the second input)

#2 is simpler, though not necessarily cheaper. IMHO - stay away from
the  "broadcast" type interfaces. The one to get intecepts the antenna wire.
These units (usually designed for CD changers) are not cheap - usually
in the $150 range - the smae price as a mid/low end CD head unit.
Be aware that FM boradcast typically cut of fat the 15kHz range - the
high end tweet sounds are not broadcast and therefore are not going to
play on your head unit - you loose the benifit of that 20-20Khz frequency
response.

#1 - is the most complex. The one car I worked on (Volvo) had a
"blitz" unti taht interfaced with an Alpine CD unit. Now I wonder
how you get teh head unit to think that a MD player is an Alpine unit?

EWong