"J. Coon" wrote:

> Neon John wrote:
> > Yup.  I haven't said anything because I'm new to the list and I
> > don't know its rules regarding spamming. \
>
> The topic was Minidisc related.  If he had been selling life insurance,
> or promoting a sex site, that would be spam.

Most mailing lists regard any content-free commercial self promotion
as spam.  Whatever.

Since you like the guy, consider our comments in a positive light.
I had not intended to say anything until someone else did.  If I'd
stayed quiet and simply not bought anything from him, he'd have
never known why or even that he had lost business.  Now he has some
feedback.

The way to achieve even better results is to establish one's self as
an authority in the target market with frequent high signal/noise
posts giving on-target information - with the .sig line delivering
the commercial message.

John

--
John De Armond