* finny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Sun, 28 May 2000
| Um. Im pretty familiar with the fact that there are lots of considerations
| for how a system is put together  besides price of the speakers. My only
| point was that it isn't unreasonable to pay $80 for headphones when you
| have paid 250-350 for the md recorder, if you want it to sound good.

True, but my point is that you might be better off buying less expensive
earbuds, because they could actually sound better.

[...]
| Fair enough, but a 400 dollar amp will make a 6000 dollar speaker system
| sound a heck of a lot better than a 6000 dollar amp and a 400 dollar
| speaker set up.  therefore, speakers are more important to invest money
| into.  [...]

You might be suprised at how much of a difference the amp makes.  I went
from a mid-level Pioneer receiver to an NAD T-760 over the Christmas
holiday, keeping my $60 Minimus 7s in place.  The difference was incredible.

Yes, better speakers (which I now have :) sound better.  But the difference
in the receivers is still significant.  Ahem, "lobby shooting spree" time :).
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core,
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ which, if exposed due to rupture, should