"J. C. R. Davis" wrote:
> However, all that the Best Buys around me here in Houston are selling
> now are JE330s and CD/MD combos, which I am not interested in. (Of
> course, there are 5 CD recorders right next to these.) When I asked the
> often inept sales associates if anything could be done, I was told that
> a refund was out of the question, as it's been "over 30 days" since the
> player was purchased. No, Best Buy could not special order any other
> model (even the 520, the version that IIRC fixed the 510 problems).
>
> My question is the following: Is there anything I can do?

Yes, Don't waste time talking to sales associates, or any of the
manager's flunkies, ask to talk to the manager.  The extended warrantee
gives you legal recourse and they have to honor it.  WHen you  talk to
the manager, don't stomp up and down, scream and holler.  Talk to him in
a normal voice but be stern and tell him you feel they owe you a
replacement of equal value or your money back.  Let him know that  if
you don't get satisfaction that you will file a complaint with the
Better Business Bereau and the state Attorney General Office.
--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways