Im a happy owner of an aiwa f70, and hope not to experience said problem.  I
was pointed to this unit by a friend who is quite happy with his unit, and
im happy wiht mine.  I havent heard of a disc erasure problem, though I've
only had my unit for a few months, I use it on a day in day out basis.  Id
be very unhappy if my discs did start erasing themselves. =/

BUt..
..I've read lots of scary reports about them developing problems where
they suddenly start erasing disc content. Obviously this is A Bad Thing.
Admittedly, there doesn't seem to be a machine which is reported as
fault-free, but I was just wondering whether anyone on this list has had
experiences of this. Does the F80 model address any of these problems?
Most of the posts to this site seem to be from Sharp and Sony
owners..maybe there's a good reason for this?!