I'm the happy owner of a Sharp 722 and I must say that's a very good unit. Ok,
compared to the Sony R50 I also own, it's less beautiful. But for the rest, it
is very good.
- It's bought with TOSLink optical cable AND a RCA-stereo mini plug cable.
- You have a slot-in mechanism that is more robust than clamshell.
- You have a jog dial very useful for titling, choosing edit functions, browsing
between the tracks, etc...
- It's bought with a RCA cable and an optical cable.
- You have a good autonomy with the rechargeable battery.
- The sound quality is very good and there are 3 levels of basses.
- You can change the recording volume during recording (very useful for
recording concerts or MP3s on your computer).
- The best feature IMHO is that you have recording synchronization for all
inputs (optical, line, microphone)!

There's just a minor drawback: there's no separate headphones/line out !!! :(
That's why I use my Sony MZ-R50 when I play some music through speakers or in
the car with a cassette adapter !!! :)

But don't hesitate to buy the Sharp MD-MS722 !