Has anybody given any thought to a program which could convert a file into
tones ( Say 1 tone per byte ), and recording it an MD?  I was thinking about
this, but wasn't sure it ATRAC would chew it up.  I think I could also
figure out the front end on the byte/tone conversion, but the other part of
reading it in would be a little difficult.

I believe this would be a nice form of quick storage w/o having to lug
around a zip/jaz/floppy/etc...  Storage ala C64 Tape Drive in a sense.

Shawn Fisher