las wrote:
> It's unfortunate because I believe that the MD has so much over the CD.
> Size, durability etc.  But flash memory has the MD beat in everything but
> price.  Once they start making serious Mp3 recorders instead of those poor
> audio quality Rio toys.

ATRAC is a lot better sounding than MP3.  MD is better for musicians
IMHO, because you can edit so easily.

> One last thought.  I always hear that they reason VHS won out over Beta was
> because you could fit more time on a VHS cassette.  This was because the
> VHS cassette was a little bigger and could hold more take than Beta.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Sony refused to license the
format to othe vendors.  THe competitors all had to go with VHS, and
since there was more VHS equipment than Beta, Beta lost out.  Same with
Apple computers.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways