> I wrote, answering Brian,
>
> | Previous models from other manufacturers have performed VERY poorly.
>
> Since posting that, I saw a post on the MiniDiscussion board that the Arkon
> Sound Feeder (apparently it's *not* a different manufacturer, then) stops
> drifting after about twenty minutes' continuous operation, by which time it
> is very warm.  The poster concluded that it is of no value for short trips
> in town, but if you're going on a cross-country road trip, where you'll be
> in remote areas with open FM frequencies much of the time and driving for
> long stretches without stopping, it can be useful.
>
> But if you have a cassette player in the car's sound system, use a cassette
> adaptor instead.

It's pretty obvious these VHF FM adapters must be using a simple tunable
LC oscillator to generate the frequency.  I could understand that twenty
years ago but today a crystal based PLL synthesiser costs maybe a coupla
dollars more, and would give a frequency as stable as the receiver.  You
could tune you radio to find a clear frequency say 105.7 then simply set
the xmtr to 105.7 on it's display.  Why don't they do it that way?

Yours,
PrinceGaz.