Larry Sherry wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are stating that the external power adapter that comes
> with the Sharps have special circuitry in them.  But as far as I
> can tell they
> are cheap bricks made in China.
Not necessarily. My European MD-MS200 came with a very nice, small, light,
regulated power supply. The label says it can take anything from 110 to 240
V. Still no 'special circuitry', but obviously it is different from the one
you recieved. BTW, the one that came with my more current European MD-S321
is limited to 220-240 V.

> old Sharp 200 (btw, this unit is in my humble opinion one of the
> best portable
> recorders ever made-it may not have all of the bells and whistles
> of the newer
> units but it is a well made, trouble free unit with excellent sound
> reproduction.
Yes, I think so, too. And although it is huge compared to current recorders,
only the latest models can beat its battery life, epecially with its 6 AA
external battery pack.

Bye
Martin