Graham Baker wrote :

> I think you will find that a true, regulated 4.5v will not charge the
> battery.
> A 5.0 regulated supply will...
> Maybe some 4.5v supplies are actually closer to 5v?
> GB

I agree with the theory, but I can't go against two years of experimental
proof that my 4.5V Sony adaptor will charge my Sharp 702.  It could be that
Sony don't sell particularly well regulated power supplies - when I get it
back from my friend I will test it and see.

To answer Jim Lee's question, the Sharp units (at least the 702) use the
internal battery as the main power source until the battery has discharged,
and then switches over to the external batteries.

Ian

"First, there were some amoebas. Deviant amoebas
adapted better to the environment, thus becoming
monkeys. Then came Total Quality Management."

-- Scott Adams

http://www.btinternet.com/~ighorsey