Hi,

        I'm wondering if anyone has used the Xitel DG1 USB->MD adapter ?  For those
that have it, do you need to use the supplied software, or can you use any
software (winamp, windows media player, ...etc) to play out of the xitel
device.  I assume it simply shows up as another audio device ?  Do the track
marks work automatically even using audio file players besides the supplied
one ?

        I'm interested in the device, however, besides mp3 decoding, I'd need it to
work also with playing of WAV files and other audio format files.  This
seems like a cheap alternative for off-board D/A conversions instead of
getting an audio card with digital out.

regards,
Wayne