We pay something like $0.10 US per kWHr in the Detroit area, the fuel
cost to make it ranges from $0.017 to $0.035, however, on hot days that
cost can climb to $0.10 easily and I have seen it as high as $3.00/kWhr,
but not for long.  Peaking generation is inefficient and expensive.

In any case 12 Watts turned on for 24 x 8760 hours  is 105.12 kW.  at
ten cents, the yearly cost would be $10.50 US in Detroit.   Hmmmm, maybe
I should look at how many clocks I have plugged in.

PrinceGaz wrote:

> From: "Ian Horsey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > --- "David W. Tamkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> > > If I buy the 640 but the 940 sounds better, I might say "darn."
> > > Not even
> > > "damn," just "darn" if even that.  However, the 940 owner may cry
> > > when I tell
> > > him/her how much less my 640 weighs and how much less electricity
> > > it uses.
> > > (The kwh are very expensive here.)
>
> > Out of curiosity, how much power do the 940 and 640 consume, and how
> > much is a kWh where you are?
> > Ian
>
> Someone said the 940 is stated as using 12W against the 640 using 9W
> of power.
>
> Northern Electric charge me 7.78 uk pence per KWh during the day and
> 2.42 uk pence per KWh between 0000-0700 UTC (7 hours cheaper rate).
> Both prices are including vat, ie the total amount I pay.
>
> So if I kept the 940 on 24hrs a day, it would cost a (not so grand)
> total of 1.79 pence per day, or to put it in perspective if I left it
> on 24x7 365 days a year, the year's electricity would amount to ukp6.50
> or about US$10.  I generally find power consumption figures are higher
> than actual consumption so something like US$6-8 would likely be closer.
> And remember thats 24x7 all year.  You could always turn it off :-)
>
> I too would be interested in knowing how much peeps in other countries
> are charged for electricity.
>
> Yours,
> PrinceGaz.

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways