--- PrinceGaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >

> Someone said the 940 is stated as using 12W against the 640 using
> 9W
> of power.

snip

> So if I kept the 940 on 24hrs a day, it would cost a (not so grand)
> total of 1.79 pence per day, or to put it in perspective if I left
> it
> on 24x7 365 days a year, the year's electricity would amount to
> ukp6.50

Thanks Gaz, I didn't think that the power consumption would be that
great.

So assuming that a 640 and 940 owner left their units on all day in
the UK for a year, the 640 owner would be, at best, ukp2.20 better
off.  Enough for a copy of What Hi-Fi?

Not a big selling point :o)

Ian

=====
"First, there were some amoebas. Deviant amoebas
adapted better to the environment, thus becoming
monkeys. Then came Total Quality Management."

                                  -- Scott Adams

http://www.btinternet.com/~ighorsey