James Jarvie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a digital coax cable that I bought from Sound
> Professionals running from the CD player into the
> converter.  The coax cable is coming from the digital
> out (unbalanced) RCA type-jack on the CD player.
> There is also an XLR type connection, but that doesn't
> do me any good.
>
> The message on the MD unit says "Can't Record".

It could be a connection problem but if the CD is SCMS protected, you
may be encountering the copy protection inhibit.

To remove the SCMS restriction, use an SCMS modifier like the Midiman
CO3.  You'll find details about it on our Web page.

I hope that this helps!

Len Moskowitz             Stealth Microphones (tm), Cables, Interfaces
Core Sound                http://www.stealthmicrophones.com
Teaneck, New Jersey       http://www.core-sound.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912