I have a pair of Grado SR-60 headphones, and I highly recommend them.  I
read somewhere that they give the best sound with a portable of any
headphones (without an additional amplifier), and I don't doubt it.  I've
been very happy with them.  They are comfortable, too (although I
understand the earlier models weren't).  The only downsides are their
clunky appearance, which I don't mind, and that they don't fold up neatly
for packing.  And yes, they're good for traveling out the wazooooo via air.

- Mike