las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Dan, someone suggested a site with instructions to
>make your own.  At $125.00, unless you have money
>coming out of your butt (which the originator of
>this thread may have since he takes an MD and DVD
>player with him!!) don't you think that the price
>to value ratio is too high?
>Larry

That depends, Larry <g>  I have friends who claim that any CD player over
$100 has a price/value ratio that is too high. I also have friends who
would argue until they're blue in the face that their $5,000 transport
has a great price/value ratio. It depends on what's important to you, I
guess.

The Headroom amps have both an amp and their proprietary soundfield
processor which, IMHO, really does make good headphones sound more like
speakers and less like headphones. Plus they are designed from the ground
up to be great headphone amps.

I've never made one of those "do-it-yourself" amps on Headwize. I don't
know how good they are compared to Headroom's amps. However, keep in mind
that you have to buy the parts, you have to have the right tools, and you
have to have the time to build them. Depending on the tools and parts you
have, and how much your time is worth, $125 might be a better deal even
if the amps are comparable in quality...