* "Yaniv S. Eyny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 30 Aug 2000
| As far as I know.  One is for a product itself or the technology behind the
| product.

No, that is a patent.

Copyright is the right to copy.  It applies to ideas which exist in a
tangible form.

Trademark is a mark used in trade.  It applies to text and marks that
uniquely identify an individual within the context of a business practice.

It is possible for a copyrighted work to be used as a trademark.  A
painting of Capt. James T. Kirk is copyright by Paramount Pictures (don't
get me started on derivative works :).  Paramount has also trademarked his
likeness.  So that painting is protected both by copyright law and
trademark law.

You want more than that... there is a reason they call them "web browsers".
Fair warning: copyright and trademark have absolutely nothing to do with
each other.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ unknown glowing substance which fell to