> One does not follow from the other.  You can put whatever you want on a
> DVD, just as you can put whatever you want on a CD.  This hypothetical
> Mini-DVD could be Sony ATRAC 4 on a 2.5" DVD.  It could be CD-DA on a 2.5"
> DVD.  It could be up to 24-bit linear PCM at up to 96Khz on a 2.5" DVD.  It
> could be MPEG-1 Layer III on a 2.5" DVD.  It could be DVD-Audio on a 2.5"
> DVD.  Or it could be something else entirely.  The underlying medium has no
> effect whatsoever on the audio quality of what is stored upon it.

I don't think that I made my point very clear.  What I was wanted to say is that
you could fit a lot of uncompressed (NO ATRAC at all) on an "MD-DVD".   I admit
being pretty much clueless about DVD storage.  But I thought that the reason you
could fit so much on a DVD had to do with multi layering, as opposed to a CD or
MD which has just the single surface that the laser focuses on.  Or do I not have
an idea what I am talking about??

I have a follow up question, but that depends upon what I mentioned above correct
or not.

Thanks,
Larry