I have had a Sony R30 for about 3 years and it's still going strong, and
so is the Sony receiver, Sony tape deck and my Sony portable CD player
that I got about the same time.

OTPH, I recall a lot of UTOC errors with Sharp MD, and the Sharp ATRAC
bug that occurs consistantly when recording a French horn solo.  (Might
have been another horn)

Rodney Peterson wrote:

> Sony Products I Currently Own:
>
> S7000 DVD Player (since 1997, perfect always)
> WebTV and Sony Keyboard (very reliable other than the fact WebTV as an
> ISP sucks (I have a real computer now, a Dell laptop)
> MDS-JA20ES MiniDisc Recorder (serviced once under warranty)
>
> Other Past Sony Products:
>
> TRV900 Camcorder-no problems
> MZ-R55 MiniDisc Recorder-junk
> MZ-1 MiniDisc Recorder-replaced several times by Sony
> MZ-R2-ditto
> MZ-R3 (don't remember what happened to it)
> MZ-E3 (gave it away)
> ZS-M1 MiniDisc AC Boom Box (piece of junk-replaced with a MDS-JA50ES by
> Sony)
> MDS-JA50ES MiniDisc Recorder (sold it)
> MDS-101 MiniDisc Recorder (sold it)
> 27 inch XBR2 Color TV (sold it, serviced for color tube problems-no Sony
> TV's currently-instead I have a Panasonic PT56WXF95 HDTV-very nice and
> very reliable)
>
> Probably other stuff I can't remember right now

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways