I used to have over 300 CDs last years... It was very annoying for me to
switch from MD to CD all the time so I decided to copy all my CD on MD... It
was a very long and hard job to do but it was also a big clean up since I
don't like all the songs on each CD !

I did 100 MD with my 300 CDs. Half of these CDs were from Columbia and BMG
music and the others from different stores... I took all those CDs, and
bring them to a used music store and they gave me from $3 to $5 each CDs.
All the others CDs, I use to sell them on Ebay, Yahoo and another CD service
on internet. I still have 30 CDs here but at least I made a lot of money
with those CDs and I have all my favorites songs on MDs too !!!

For the coupons now... Just a few words to tell you that Buy It Online
removed the $15 OFF coupons because they were loosing too much money with
them ! However, they just release a lot of $10 OFF any $30 order and I made
some $30 (even) minidisc packs... In a few days, sorry but I'm on vacation
now it's my wife birthday and I'm going with her in a nice small resort on a
small island where we will enjoy the beautiful nature and emerald water...
But after this small vacation, I will do some MD kits for $30 too !!! But
not, you can take advantage of the MD Pack for $30 ( I sell some at
lost...).

I'm really sorry for the $15 coupons, they were suppose to be available
until the end of the month but they removed it before unfortunately...

You can find some $10 OFF coupons at :
http://www.kheopsminidisc.com/coupons.htm or use these ones :

http://www.buyitonline.com/coupons/coupons.asp?couponid=4792JCK
Buy It Online - New Customer $10 OFF on $25 Order

http://www.buyitonline.com/coupons/coupons.asp?couponid=4975BOC
Deal Finder $10 OFF of $30 Order

http://www.buyitonline.com/coupons/coupons.asp?couponid=5305ZPW
Daily Edeal $10 OFF of $30 ORDER

http://www.amazing-bargains.com/j/buyitonline-3099.html
Amazing Bargains $10 OFF of $30 ORDER

Hope this will help !

Pierre Forest.

James Jarvie wrote:

> Interesting.  I kind of agree though.  I have over
> 1700 CDs, so I can't just go MD in the car (where I
> currently do most of my listening).  That's why I
> would want a MD/CD combo head unit (no need for, or
> interest in changers).  Also, a portie MD is much more
> manageable than a portie CD player.

Why don't you transfer your CD's to MD?  If you have a CD writer in your
computer, you can also make a copy of your CD and then sell the original
on eBay.  Just a thought.  With the discount coupons, you can get 80
minute MDs for less then $1.40 (save even more if you get 74 minute
MDs).  The CDRs are only about fifty cents a piece.

> One word of advice, though, for anyone planning to use
> a portie MD in the car.  I love my MT-15; but for use
> in the car, the clamshell is a real pain (not to
> mention a dangerous situation).  If I had to do it
> over again, I'd get a slot-in loader.

I see your point, but it is getting harder and harder to find slot in
designs.  I guess the clam shell design is probably cheaper to make.
Also, you can probably make a thinner unit using the clam shell design.
I prefer slot in, but I always have this fear that some day I'm going to
have an Md eaten.

This actually happened to me with the original Sony MZ-1.  The slot in
mechanism in that unit is actual motorized.  One time a disc went in,
but would not eject.  It was under warranty, but it still took Sony
forever to get it back to me.  When they finally did, it would not
record (I didn't have that problem when it was sent in!!).

It had to go back to Sony a second time.  In all it took me about 2 and
a half months to finally get the unit back.  But it worked from then
on.  Too back you can't upgrade the MZ-1 to ATRAC 4 or more.  It is a
large, heavy, but strong unit.

> James (who is really enjoying his compilation MDs
> while driving)

Me too!

Larry