At 9/22/00 6:42 PM, PrinceGaz increased the world's knowledge by typing:

>I wonder whether other things may be similarly held whilst "power
>is unavailable", such as the recording mode, manual record level,
>display choice (title, time played, disc remaining etc), or are
>they not classed as "setup options" and therefore are volatile.

Recording level is automatically reset when you stop recording, as is the
automatic marking. However, the microphone sensitivity is remembered.

It seems that Sony made a definite decision about what settings would be
retained between each recording and which would be reset.

>One quick question which has probably been answered somewhere, does
>it have program play (and if not, why not, Sony?)

Yes it does.

One other subjective comment I have about it is that it feels very solid.
Much more solid, in fact, than my C80 which feels positively flimsy by
comparison. And just as solid as my R50.