At 9/21/00 6:36 PM, David W. Tamkin increased the world's knowledge by
typing:

>What I'm wondering is whether, if you turn manual end search off (which I
>guess can be seen as turning automatic end searching on), does the old
>shortcut to track 1 on Sony portables (END SEARCH, PLAY, STOP, PLAY if I
>remember right) still work?

Yes it does.

I accidentally made an interesting discovery last night. It is possible
to record as both standard MD and LP2 on the same disc. I suspect that
it's possible to mix any number of modes on the same disc. You just can't
remove the track mark between tracks with different modes.

I also noticed that the recorder remembers the last recording mode used.
Last night I recorded a rehearsal using LP2. Now, even if I change the
disc, it retains the LP2 mode. I suspect this is also true of the other
modes as well.

BTW... as far as a live recording goes, LP2 is very, very good. I
couldn't detect any artifacts. But then again, I don't exactly have
"golden ears."