As a new MD owner (and enthusiast) I don't find the coupon mailing
offensive.  It is difficult enough to find suppliers in the U.S.  BTW, I
joined Peter's mailing list and I think that probably is the best way to
handle it, but I really think the flak over his recent postings is a bit
much.  The MD community needs to do everything it can to broaden the
format's appeal and having vendor specific mailing list is fine once an
individual has gotten involved with MDs, but this list is one of the best
ways (along with md.org) to spread the word.  Just my 2 cents.
age