"J. Coon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>Doesn't work because the majority of subscribers read the digest
>>version of the list, which can't filter individual messages.
>
>I am not sure where you get those statistics. Are they really
>accurate?

I'd bet money on it. I'm a mailing list administrator who had managed
fifty or sixty mailing lists, some with over 20,000 members, and on lists
like this, the majority of subscribers read the digest mode.

>Netscape, Outlook Express, <Www.yahoo.com> and a host of other mail
>programs let you set up folders and filter mail into them so your MD
>mail doesn't get confused with your regular InBox

Yes, but for digests, that means that your single digest message is
filtered into a different folder. That doesn't address the problem at hand.