There is a better deal on internet for a recorder player instead of the Sony
MZ-R37 (at $179 with the minimal accessories only !). Yes, there is a very
good deal on Etown (www.etown.com). I have nothing to do with this company,
I simply want to let you know that you can purchase this great unit for only
$169.50 with Free Shipping from them...

Etown offer a great service, they ship fast and are very reliable... I
purchase my Sharp MS-722 from them. The exact URL for this unit is :

http://www.etown.com/categories/product_profile.jhtml?fromIDA=&bodyinclude=p
artner&productID=409&categoryID=39&manufacturerID=109#mainbody

But since, this unit is their best seller, you will be able also to find a
link on their main page (www.etown.com).  There is also Mercata
(www.mercata.com) who offer this recorder/player for about $150 (with the
20% offer from them) but you must pay shipping charge so it's basically the
same price at the end. (I think that the etown's price is a bit lower...).

Below, you will be able to read more about this great Minidisc
Recorder/Player. When you buy it, it comes with a rechargeable battery, the
AC adaptor, the remote control, an optical cable, a RCA-stereo jack cable
and a carrying bag !

Hope this will help the newcomers who want a VERY GOOD minidisc
recorder/player ready to go...

Best Regards,

Peter Forest - www.kheopsminidisc.com ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

P.S. I don't work for Etown or Mercata. I'm not pay by them to advertise
their products and I'm not responsible if they change their products
informations, contents or price. I only try to help... (Believe it, or not
! ) See below for complete information about the Sharp MS-722...

Product Information

MiniDisc is characterized by ruggedness and portability, and Sharp's
MD-MS722 is one of the most rugged. It doesn't compete with Sony's MZ-R55 in
size, but brings a longer battery life and slot-in loading mechanism that
begins play as soon as a disc is inserted. Slot-in is to clamshell (the
typical MD loading scheme) as front-loading VCRs are to top loaders.
Compared to its little brother the MD-MS702, Sharp improved the buffer
memory to 40 seconds, and added a jog dial to ease the titling drudgery. The
722 won't skip in anything but an earthquake.

The 722 can perform any of the standard editing functions such as move,
combine, erase and divide. Its synchro-start recording allows one-touch CD
or MD copying or voice-activated recording through a microphone.

Unique to Sharp's recorders is the Character Stamp function, which can
simultaneously write titling information when copying from a prerecorded
source MD, so you don't have to title the copy yourself. The wired remote
can accept any pair of headphones thanks to a mini-jack connector. The
internal battery's life is very good for the category (10 hours play, 8
record), and can be augmented with an external battery case.

The MD-MS722 also includes an AD-M1DC optical digital cable, headphones, a
battery case, an analog connector cable, an AC adaptor/recharger, a carry
case, and a handstrap.

portable MD recorder

Slot-in loading mechanism with Auto Play

Jog Shuttle Control
3-mode Digital X-Bass System
Character Stamp function

optical cable included