hi guys,

i just got on the list, and i never knew there was such a following for MDs! i
started my 'affair' with MDs back in 1997 when i found a neat MZ-R30 in a small
shop in singapore.. since then ive been hooked! nothing beats the MD in terms
of flexibility and ruggedness!

ive bought 2 in-dash MD recievers for the cars that i owned, and have just
purchased the XITEL MD port DG1 for my PC to copy MP3's to MD.

as for the post regarding in-car recievers, its my opinion that the best bang
for the buck is the sony MDX-C8970 (cheap at www.crutchfield.com) from $700 it
sells for $350.. its an ES unit (sony's high end series) which has wide
(20-bit) bitstream, EQ, soundfield, and seat positioning controls, has controls
for a cd/md changer. it also responds to voice commands (neat-o!)

ive also found that www.amazon.com sells really cheap memorex md's. costs $19
for a pack of 20 (4 packs of 5), contains a container for the pack of 5, but no
individual sleeves.

now for a question:

i just bought a XITEL MD port DG1 (www.xitel.com). it seems to hang my computer
(a compaq presario 5460) around every 45 minutes of play, so i have to reboot.
does anyone else have this problem? i also have a cable modem running on my
other USB port, does that have anything to do with it?

when it works though, the MD port transfers to my MD flawlessly.. ive never
heard my MP3's sound so good! im never going back to an analog line out!

=====
(718) 225-4611 (home)
(646) 258-1603 (mobile)
(240) 525-2433 (fax)