Xitel sell now 2 different kind of MD Port. (by the way, we gonna sell their
2 MD Port soon on our 2 website for very low price...). There is an Analog
one (the AN1) and an digital one (DG1) the retail price is about $65 for the
AN1 and $95 for the DG1.

In fact, there is an USB output from your computer, a converter in the
middle who transfer the information (1 and 0) into an optical output or an
anolog output (stereo jack). I've tried both of those and honestly there is
not a big difference of sound quality with THESE 2 MD port. I have tried a
lot of analog sound card and there was a big sound difference. I can't tell
why the sound is so good with the AN1 but there is so many advantage and not
so much sound difference.

The big advantage when recording MP3 is because you can adjust the recording
volume (MP3 files are very various, like CD of course...). So, now I can do
any music mix I want from MP3 to MD with an equal sound everytime... Also
the very big advantage is the difference of price (nearly $30 difference
between each other).

In a week or two, we gonna have these 2 MD Port in stock and we will sell
them for $60 for the AN1 (shipping included) and $90 for the DG1 (shipping
also included). And for those who will use some Buy It Online Coupons, you
will be able to save another $10 to $15 more...

For your problem with the Xitel MD Port DG1. I have a few question for
you... Did you have more than one sound card in your computer ? If you have
an integrated sound card (usually all Compaq Presario has their integrated
sound card) and another one, sometimes, there is some conflicts when adding
an USB music port. 2 solution possible : first try to disable the sound card
in the control setting. If this doesn't work, simply remove the second sound
card. and use your integrated sound card. If you don't have 2 sound card,
look in your system setting and see if there is some conflict with your USB
port and other components of your computer. If so, try to manage this by
disable or remove some components when using your MD port.

If you have any other question, please contact me by email at :
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,

Pierre Forest.

i just bought a XITEL MD port DG1. it seems to hang my computer
(a compaq presario 5460) around every 45 minutes of play, so i have to
reboot.
does anyone else have this problem? i also have a cable modem running on my
other USB port, does that have anything to do with it?

when it works though, the MD port transfers to my MD flawlessly.. ive never
heard my MP3's sound so good! im never going back to an analog line out!